Well, that happened quick! I was just reminiscing about Summer 2013, when I came hurtling into 2014 with a thud.
It’s fair to say I’ve been in a bit of a bubble lately. I’d planned on blogging every day in December, but illness/Christmas shopping/Work got in the way of my plans. However, that isn’t going to stop me in 2014!
New Year, new me?
Like most people with an internet connection and a Facebook account, I find my timelines inundated with ‘New Year, new me!’/‘2014 is going to be my year!’ statuses. And, yes, whilst I applaud anyone who sits up and makes postiive changes in their life, I don’t see why they should be limited to the start of January. I love to make little changes throughout the year, and I find it makes it easier to stick to and ‘resolutions’ I make, rather than a 12 month promise glooming over my head, where I constantly dread a letter from the gym stating that I ‘must try harder’ in 2014.
So, in a bid to help myself, and hopefully you lovely people, I’ve devised my aims for 2014 – not specific resolutions. They are both things I’m going to try to achieve, as well as things I’m going to try and limit. Let me know if your list is similar, or anything I’ve not added that you’ve resolved to change in 2014.
- Attend Fashion Week. I’ve dreamed of visiting LFW for a very long time, and now I work in the capital I felt it was the perfect opportunity to visit some shows, and Somerset House for their Fashion Weekend.
- Run a half marathon. Last year I chickened out, even after I paid to enter, but I’m determined to enter and actually run. Pretty embarrassing considering my 52 year old Dad managed to not only enter, but run in a pretty decent time. No pressure then…
- Take more photos. I live and work in two pretty contrasting areas of the country, and yet I barely document either. Working in London was a big deal when I moved, especially coming from a smallish city like Peterborough. I’d love to take more pictures, probably Instagram them, and show you all the wonderful places I visit, especially with an upcoming European road trip planned. EXCITED.
- Travel more. I’ve never ventured outside of Europe. Pretty shocking, I know, but with Uni, and a fear of flying (despite being an Air Cadet?!), I hadn’t really travelled up until now. I’ve always wanted to visit Paris, and I’m hoping to road trip around Europe this Spring. No doubt there will be pictures galore on Instagram, and a blog post or two 😉
- Extend my blog. I’ve always been interested in writing, but never felt I had the skill, or patience, to write a novel. I also much enjoy fact over fiction, but that’s another story. I started blogging as an outlet to my shopping addiction, as well as a help with the industry I work in. However, I’m looking to litter my beauty and fashion posts with fitness, cooking and lifestyle articles in 2014. Let me know if you’d like to see anything else too.
So there it is! My aims for 2014. Here’s hoping I actually achieve these. Not like last year when I only managed to pass my driving test (after the fifth time of trying. I KNOW)
Comment below with your resolutions and aims for 2014, I’d love to know what they are 🙂